[ixp1200] Porting VERA?

Scott Karlin scott at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 1 18:42:06 EST 2003

Øyvind,

The VERA development is currently in a maintenance status.  We are
fixing bugs as they are reported but we are focusing our efforts on
other projects right now.

The main difference between the ENP-2505 and the Evaluation board
is the non-transparent PCI bridge.  The modifications needed are
relatively straightforward as there is already PMC694 code in VERA
to use as a template.  (The PMC694 uses a similar non-transparent
bridge.)  However, there is a non-trivial amount of code that has
to be changed including the flash firmware, the runtime, and the
device driver.  Don't count on a ENP-2505 port this semester.

Scott