[ixp1200] Sharing configurable data.

Øyvind Hvamstad oyvindh at ifi.uio.no
Tue Dec 2 09:59:29 EST 2003

(ENP2505 - linux embedded)

Hi, I have "successfully" written a idl server for my app, to enable
runtime configuration.

Now, I like some of these settings to be shared between the StrongARM
and the microengines. The l2bridge code uses the hdbm.h macros
HDBM_READ_SRAM and HDBM_WRITE_SRAM to accomplish this. However, this
file is in c++ and I use plain c.

What is the right way for me to share SRAM memory?

Could I use the Resource Manager interface Read/Write functions?

Please tell me if I'm way off

Also, how do I recover from a seg. fault? I'm unable to unload the ace
after a crash, and after rebooting the board, it fails to reload the
kernel. So I have to reboot the host carrier every time. (ARGH!) Is
there a fix? (Tried killing)
--
Øyvind Hvamstad <oyvindh at ifi.uio.no>