[ixp1200] ENP2505 Example Issues

Cyrus Hall hallcp at cs.colorado.edu
Mon Feb 17 17:59:35 EST 2003

I recently started working with the ENP2505 board that Intel is shipping
for their IXP1200 academic program.  After hacking their install
scripts, dealing with kernel symbol issues, and hacking their boot
scripts, I finally got the thing to boot Linux and communicate with the
host system.  I then made the encouraging discovery that all the sample
projects are (seemingly) for other boards.  Although they'll load, the
board will proceed to spit out malformed Ethernet packets (each packet
identical) as fast as the interface will allow.  This is with the simple
packet counting example.

Is there a bare bones MicroACE, such as the counting example, that
actually works on the ENP2505?  Also, the documentation and tools
provided with the board seems to indicate that using the ACE development
paradigm is mandatory.  Is it possible just to run microcode with no
communication back to the ARM on ENP2505, ie, non-ACE code?

Thanks for any pointers,
Cyrus Hall

hallcp at cs.colorado.edu
University of Colorado
Software Engineering Research Laboratory