[ixp1200] Problems with ixasl.o driver

Pastukhov Sergey (HOME) spastukhov at front.ru
Tue Feb 18 05:20:03 EST 2003

Hello.

I'm using IXP1200 evaluation board. Image of linux kernel and ramdisk
are downloaded from IXP1200 linux how to
(http://www.netwinder.org/~urnaik/ixp1200_howto.html).
When I try to start one of the examples provided with Intel IXA SDK
(example "Count_8_1") the ixstart script fais producing the
following error messages:

[root at Linux /nfs]$./ixstart ixsys_count_8_1.config

>ixasl.o: unresolved symbol get_virtual_mem_map
>library aces require ixasl driver.
>ixasl driver does not appear to be running.
>ixconfig: Resource Manager intialization failed
>Wed Dec 31 20:19:11 1969
>rmlib.c, line 80: open failed: errno 2

get_virtual_mem_map symbol does not exported by kernel
(i used ksyms utility to verify this).

What is the problem?

Thanx in advance.
--