[ixp1200] Intel ucode assmebler

Yitzchak M. Gottlieb zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Feb 27 08:19:00 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Bonelli Nicola wrote:

> Hi Zuki,
>         We are currently running uca.exe shipped with skd2.01 which Intel
> gave us together with the IXP1200eb. We also have uca.exe Version:
> 1.3.141, which seems to compile fine with the license key of the former.
>
>         Both are giving troubles; indeed the example-binaries compiled for
> LibixpRouter hang in this manner:
>

>         In the README of libixprouter is specified you are using the uca
>         1.2.76.  Can it be a problem caused by the improper version of
>         ucc.def/uword.def we are using?  If yes, how can we obtain the right
>         version you are using with vera?

Bonelli,

What you are describing sound like a hang in the StrongARM not the
microengines.  The output which is being printed out inidicates that the
StrongARM hangs before the microengines are booted. (Of course, it's hard to
tell that exactly since the output is not synchronous.)  There are debugging
flags in Libixprouter/sa/src/control.c which can be set to help you track down
exactly when the StrongARM hangs.  I don't recall anything that would cause
this hanging, so this might be a good place to start looking.

Zuki

--
Yitzchak Gottlieb
zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU