[ixp1200] Question on SA core memory map

Wong Kim Sing wongks at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Tue Jul 8 04:02:27 EDT 2003

Hi,

Recently, I trying to use some location in the sdram to do some buffering, and I come across this problem.

In the Microcode Programmer's Reference Manual, under the StrongARM Core Memory Map, the location of the cache flush area is locate at "0xA0000000 - 0xA0004000", and is it supposed to be correct right??? But how come under the file "C:/IXP1200/include/hal_sdram.h", the location is different (0xE0000000 - 0xE0FFFFFF)???

Is anyone know the reason why the location is different? Is the file suppose to be compiled together by SA?

Best regard,
Mike

Mike Wong Kim Sing
R&D Engineer