[ixp1200] IXA SDK 2.01 with IXP12EB

Yannis Haritakis haritak at ics.forth.gr
Thu Jun 19 04:03:00 EDT 2003

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to setup Intel IXA SDK 2.01 to work with IXP12EB evaluation
> board. Currently I have linux 2.3.99-pre3-rmk3 running on IXP but when I
> tried to load ue.o from SDK, I got this error:
>
> ue.o: unresolved symbol get_virtual_mem_map
> ue.o: unresolved symbol get_physical_mem_map
> ue.o: unresolved symbol get_virt_from_phys
>
> I found these functions in "mm-ixp1200.h" file in Linux kernel supplied with
> SDK but I couldn't get this kernel running on ixp12eb.

I have also spent much time on trying to run the kernel supplied
by intel with no luck. Have you managed to download it through
the cygmon ?

Note that the modules and the kernel have to be build together,
and therefore if the ue.o comes from a different source tree than
the kernel, then you will get the above messages.

In anyway,
I used the kernel and ramdisk from netwinder (Google: IXP1200 Linux How To)
which seems ok and the ue.o module is compiled correctly so as
not to through the above messages.

But, if you manage to recompile the kernel and the modules
from the SDK2.01 and get them downloaded to the 12eb, I would
like to know!

Yannis