[ixp1200] EN2505 card causes PC to hang.

Kameswara Avasarala venkata at acad.umass.edu
Thu Mar 20 11:02:40 EST 2003

Hi,
       I have plugged in an EN-2505 evaluation board into a PII PC
running RedHat 7.3  . I was expecting to see the 2155 PCI-PCI bridge
listed in the ouput of the lspci command. However, it was not detected.

The same card when plugged in a PIII with RedHat 7.2 casued the PC to
hang ie it did not boot.

What are the reasons for the above behaviour ?
1) There is no software/OS running on the board (except for the System
Moniter).  The switch SW1301 is set as 001 (System Moniter) .
2) The switch SW0201's bit 1 is on for Slave mode operation and the bus
width not 64 bits.
All the other bits are default values.

Thanks,
Kamesh.