[ixp1200] IXP1200 timings.

Liam.Noonan Liam.Noonan at ul.ie
Fri May 23 10:18:36 EDT 2003

Hi,

As part of my research into network processors I am examining the IXP1200.

I am trying to obtain information regarding the number of cycles/ length of
time it takes the IXP1200 to peform the following tasks.

1, move an mpacket from the a port to rfifo
2, moving mpackets from rfifo to the Microengines, SDRAM
3. Moving mpackets from SDRAM and the Microengine to TFIFO
4. Moving mpackets from TFIFO to an out going port.
5. access times for accessing SRAM.

I have reviewed the various literature and publications provided by Intel,
but obtaining this information is proving challenging.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Liam Noonan
Dept EC&E