[ixp1200] using addresses of labels

Najati Imam najati at netlab.uky.edu
Tue May 27 19:37:01 EDT 2003

Had any luck with this? I've gotten to the point where I need to turn this
huge macro I have into a function but the assembler complains:

find_create.uc(146) : ERROR: No initialized return address found in code\
  for rtn opcode.
find_create.uc(146) : ERROR: No initialized return address found in code\
  for rtn opcode.

Not only is the documentation for rtn a joke, it doesn't look like its
used hardly anywhere in any of the provided microcode.

The problem seems to be that you can't write the address of the label into
external memory and get it back out, because then the register allocator
can't properly trace the code. Without a way to put labels into external
memory, its seems the only choise is using another context sensitive
register, but I'm running out of those as it is.

Najati