[ixp1200] Microcode loading problem.

Yitzchak M. Gottlieb zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Oct 17 14:30:20 EDT 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, [ks_c_5601-1987] Á¶ÁØ¿ì wrote:

> I am analyzing Vera source code.
>
> But I am blocked at source code of loading the microcode part.
>

> Below code is presented at /Vera/IXP1200_Apps/IPmm/main.c
>
>     Control_BootUEs(&rcv_uCode, &xmt_uCode);
>
> But I can't find rcv_uCode, xmt_uCode uEng_uCodeInfo structure variable.
>
> From where that varible is declared?

The structure is the processed receive and trasmit microcode.  That is, the
structure is in the file, xmt.x, that results from compliling xmt.uc and
postprocessing it.  It is available after you 'make' in
Vera/libIXPRouter/ue/src.

> If above guess is right, plz say loading mechanism simply.

When you say "loading mechanism" do you mean the way we place microcode at the
microengines for execution?  Also, do you want a description of what the

Zuki

--
Yitzchak Gottlieb
zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU