[ixp1200] Microcode loading problem.

Yitzchak M. Gottlieb zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Oct 20 15:29:56 EDT 2003

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, [ks_c_5601-1987] Á¶ÁØ¿ì wrote:

> I want to know the way and mechanism.

The documentation about how to use the mechanisms is available with the IXP
application tarball.

> I think this is related with 'Vera/bin/postuca.pl file'. Am I right?

Yes, it does.  If you look at the makefile in the libixprouter/ue/src directory
you will see the process for converting a microcode source file to a *.x file
that contains a uCodeInfo structure.  Basically we compile the microcode, take
the compiled code postprocess it, and write it into the instruction memory of
the microengines.  The code in libixprouter/sa/src/control.c is documented and
shows how the code is loaded to the microengines.

I will try to answer in more depth in a following email.

Zuki

--
Yitzchak Gottlieb
zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU