[ixp1200] Question about packet generation program

Yitzchak M. Gottlieb zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Oct 29 09:42:36 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Á¶ÁØ¿ì wrote:

> I think that header information of simple packet which is made at PktGen
> application is not enough.  Namely, IP address is just 10.0.0.1 and MAC
> address is just 00:00:00:01.
>
> If I want to transfer packet to real system(ex. another linux PC), I would
> change these adresses?

The packets generated by PktGen will appear on the wire.  However, if you want
a standard system to receive them, you need to modify the destination IP
and Ethernet addresses to match the receiving system.

Zuki

--
Yitzchak Gottlieb
zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU