[ixp1200] Packet Generator

Abhijeet Joglekar abhijeet at cs.utah.edu
Thu Oct 30 03:48:57 EST 2003

> I'm working of L3fwd16_RFC1812.
> I would like to check my program with packets in different sizes
> (random if possible)
>
> Is any of you can explain me how can I do that? or maybe you have more
> complicate packet generator that you can send me?

If you are running your application on the simulator, then the Workbench
allows you to create a packet stream with different frame sizes and choose
a random option. Check out the IXP1200 Developer Tool Users Guide in the
Intel documentation.

> Another question - How do I change the dependency of the receive and
> transmit in the project ?
> (I want the the receive microengines will send
> packets all the time, without depend in the transmit rate)

Can you rephrase this question? I am not sure I understood it.

-- abhijeet