[ixp1200] More about Packet Generator...

Bracha Hod hodb at cs.huji.ac.il
Thu Oct 30 08:37:09 EST 2003

First, things work perfect before I stop the transmit.

I tried to stop the transmit in some ports by giving "skip assignments" to
the ports via the transmit scheduler.
When I stop the transmit, the receive also stops in those ports.

My purpose is to give some ports more bandwidth than other, so by stopping
them for a while, the Transmit State Machine skip them and send packets
from other ports.

I use the original L3fwd16_RFC1812 and only change the part of the
transmit scheduler in the file ixp_tx.c.
I don't touch in any receive file.

The situation of stop receiving packets occure also when I drop the
receive packets and don't enqueue them.

Thank again Abhijeet.