[ixp1200] Question on enp-2505

Matija Puzar matija at ifi.uio.no
Tue Sep 9 08:48:18 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 07:18:04PM +0200, Øyvind Hvamstad wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 17:44, Yong Liu wrote:
> > Make sure the modules in boot_bv can be loaded in your system.
> >
> > I encountered some problems on dell gx260, the modules do not work on it.
>
> Hi, I'm wondering what this means? We have one gx260 that works, however
> we have several other gx260 that don't. The problems are, as you say,
> with the bv module. Now, how can it be that it works on one machine, but
> not on any others? Any details about this?

Ok, mistery solved.  Other than the graphics card, the only difference
between the working-GX260s and the nonworking ones was that the latter
had 2 memory modules on the motherboard.  After we removed one of them,
bv.o would automagically stop crashing!  Before that, it would die on
ioremap(), so we guess that it wasn't very happy with memory interleaving
or something.
Now, we finally have machines that work (and quite an amount of spare RAM).

Hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.

--
Matija Puzar
Department of Informatics, University of Oslo