[ixp1200] Running sample application on ENP2611 board

David Mentre Mentre at tcl.ite.mee.com
Fri Jan 9 03:33:20 EST 2004

Hello Ning,

> From: Ning Weng [mailto:nweng at ecs.umass.edu]

> Recently we got ENP2611 board based on IXP2400. After successfully
> installed and boot, we are confused to run a simple sample
> application
> on the hardware. It is really different with our previous
> one- ENP2505
> based on IXP200. Can you share your experience of playing ENP2611 or
> kindly point me the right documentation for it?

[ Disclaimer: I don't use an ENP2611 board ]

What do you mean by "running a sample application"? If you have the Intel
SDK, you should have access to Intel Software Framework with reference
designs that contains a lot of sample code (at least, we have those
reference designs for IXMB 2400 reference board).

Regarding programming issues, you should read the IXP2400/2800 Programming
book, from Intel press. A quite good introduction.

I hope it helps a little,
yours,
david
--
David Mentré <mentre at tcl.ite.mee.com> - Research engineer (Ph.D.)
Mitsubishi Electric ITE-TCL / European Telecommunication Research Lab