[ixp1200] IXP2400 Intel libraries: kernel/user space

romit dasgupta romit at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 14 23:58:58 EST 2004

Hello,

I am working on IXP2400 and want to use the intel provided libraries for
microcode loading/initialization and running. And in many occasions I
want to access the Resource Manager APIs as well. I read the documents
as provided by Intel , mainly the following

Intel IXP2400/IXP2800 Network Processors XScale Support libraries
Reference manual.

I have not seen any explicit information in the above document which
hints on running the resource manager & core compoent libraries in
kernel space.
Most of the examples that come with the ixa_sdk_3.1 however loads kernel
modules which implements these libraries.

My question is, can i use the Resource Manager API's & Core Component
Library in user space, without loading them as modules (perhaps building
these as libraries). I can acccess them in kernel space for sure but I
have a feeling that it can be done through user space as well. Any
insight on this will be highly valuable.

Regards,
-Romit