[ixp1200] problem while installaing tornado.......

nitin makhija makhija_nitin at rediffmail.com
Sat Jul 10 07:24:57 EDT 2004

Hellow,
I'm facing the following Problem with Tornado2.0

..

Tornado 2.0 was successfully installed, but I was unable to download a eg. Program on target. The error I’m encountering is as follows, along with the steps I have followed.
________	_______________

Step 1: Install Tornado.

Step 2: Open hyper terminal window (the one in Tornado2 program group) – VxWorks
COM1.

Step 3: [Configuring FTP Server] Open FTP server app. Go to Security->User/rights.
Create a new user(IXP1200) and password(IXP1200). Select the home directory
[eg: C:\IXP1200\BoardSupport\bin\vb] – in which vxworks boot image is present.

Note: I’m not getting any display in FTP window
..

Step 4: I’ve set my host IP address to 10.5.19.163

Step 5: Switch on the kit. U can see the count down.

Step 6: Press space. U get [BootMgr] prompt. Type b 3, to boot into VxWorks.

Step 7: U’ll see the VxWorks boot count down. Press space to configure vxworks boot

up. Configuration which I have set is shown below.
[VxWorks Boot]: p

boot device          : eeE
unit number          : 0
processor number     : 0
host name            : nitin
file name            : c:\ixp1200\BoardSupport\bin\vb\VxWorks_gig
inet on ethernet (e) : 10.5.19.164
host inet (h)        : 10.5.19.163
user (u)             : ixp1200
ftp password (pw)    : ixp1200
flags (f)            : 0x0
target name (tn)     : TestTarget

[VxWorks Boot]:

Step 8: Started Tornado. Configure Target Server. Goto Tools -> Target Server-
Ø	Configure.

Step 9: Launch the target server. Wait till u see a tornado icon in the system tray.
Tornado icon has come in the tray

..on pressing tht. I got this view

The error in the log console is as follows:

tgtsvr (TestTarget at ixp1200): Fri Jul 09 12:21:38 2004
    Wind River Systems Target Server: NT/Win95 version
    Connecting to target agent...
    Error: rpccore backend client Timed out
failed.
    Connecting to target agent...
    Error: rpccore backend client Timed out
failed.

Step 10: Select the Target Server from the drop-down list and start the shell.
Step 11: U’ll see the following screen.

Waiting to attach to target agent             (press CTRL+Break to stop) \

I’m also not able to ping the target from the host, it’s giving destinaion unreachable.. I ‘ve checked the cross-over cable too tht’s perfectly fine.

I’ve also tried the entire set-up explained above by connecting the target and host viva a straight cable through a switch but encountered the same problem.

if any one of u have faced such prob. do help me out.

regards,

Nitin Makhija
M.tech(CS)
IIT-Kharagpur