[ixp1200] Control of microengines and threads++

nitin makhija makhija_nitin at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jul 24 08:30:07 EDT 2004

Hellow everyone,
I just wanna know is the concept of MicroACE programming the only way to program the IXP1200, as i'm not working on LINUX, instead working on windows host with VxWorks imz. on the target(IXP1200).
as in the book "IXP programming " by Eric, the concept of MicroACE is introduced in the end.....and before tht chapter we already have some example programs.....

Regards,
Nitin Makhija
M.tech(CS)
IIT-kharagpur
INDIA.

"Johnson, Erik J" <erik.j.johnson at intel.com> wrote:
I do not understand this!

[erik] That is because I am an idiot =) 1000Mb/s ports take 2 MEs for
rx and 1 ME for tx. The 4 10/100Mb/s ports take 1 me for each. So, you
should be able to support 2 Gb/s ports, or 16 10/100Mb/s ports, or 8
10/100Mb/s ports plus 1 Gb/s port. Does that make more sense?

When you say ingress ACE microblock, do you in fact mean the
EthernetIngress macro? (e.g., SlowIngress macro).

[erik] Yes. A microblock is really just two macros, and initialization
a macro and a "processing" macro.

Erik

Erik J. Johnson
Intel Research & Development