[ixp1200] How to duplicate a packet in memory?

Øyvind Hvamstad oyvindh at ifi.uio.no
Thu Jun 10 09:58:07 EDT 2004

Hi, I'm wondering what is the best way to duplicate a packet in SDRAM?
The reason for this is that I want to send one copy of the packet to the
StrongARM and the other copy will be forwarded to a different host after
some modifications.

1. I could loop in microcode and use sdram[read] -> sdram[write] in
sequence until I reach the end of the packet.

2. I can copy it using the StrongARM, but this would probably mean that
the whole forwarding process will be stalled until the copying is
finished.

3. There is some 'magic' instruction that does this for me, that I'm
unaware of.

I'd much appreciate it if someone could give me a clue about what is the
best practice here?

Info: ENP-2505, embedded linux, Intel SDK 2.01
--
Øyvind Hvamstad <oyvindh at ifi.uio.no>