[ixp1200] Receiving Data from a particular port on IXP2400

David Mentre Mentre at tcl.ite.mee.com
Mon Mar 1 04:20:28 EST 2004

Hello Sanjay,

only for a physical port, for example in SPHY-4 mode.

Why not reuse Intel design, i.e. one full micro-engine (8 threads) that
receives from all ports? You could modify this block to output assembled
network packets to different scratch ring if you want to have port
differentiation.

In my opinion (but I may be wrong), Intel engineers have optimized receive
block for performance and it would be hard to do a better job.

Sincerely yours,
david
--
David Mentré <mentre at tcl.ite.mee.com> - Research engineer (Ph.D.)
Mitsubishi Electric ITE-TCL / European Telecommunication Research Lab