[ixp1200] sram shared problem with array

Jason.Midkiff at asu.edu Jason.Midkiff at asu.edu
Mon May 3 19:05:48 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm an undergraduate student at Arizona State University working on
implementing network address translation using the ucLab1 example code
provided with the IXP1200. I'm having a problem when using the declaration as
follows: __declspec (shared sram) nat_table table[15].

I understand this should enable the table to be seen by all other threads
running on the same microengine. I have two threads running on this
microengine. Thread 1 is responsible for lookup and modification of this
table. Thread 2 only performs lookup on this table, however, it cannot see the
contents of the table.

This seems like it could be related to using an array since I use the shared
sram keywords on other unsigned ints and it works.

Any help would be appreciated on this problem.

Thanks,
Jason