[ixp1200] Running code from workbench

Shweta Rao shwetar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:07:01 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am new to IXP1200. I just have one windowsNT machine on which i have
installed the workbench and the SDK.I connect to the EB thru the
hyperterminal.
I used cygmon to boot linux(using the monta vista patch) and i get the
shell prompt on the hyperterminal.The EB box and the NT machine are
connected on a local LAN with a hub. i use the ifup script on
hyperterminal and also set the ip address of my NT machine in
/etc/hosts. Both machines can ping each other.

What do i start next on the hyperterminal to get something working.If
i connect from the workbench while testing a sample program using the
hardware option ,it throws an error saying it cannot connect ?

Also, i tried using the ACES tutorial for the Count application,it
gives  me this error
ixasl.o: unresolved symbol get_virtual_mem_map
> library aces require ixasl driver.
> ixasl driver does not appear to be running.
> ixconfig: Resource Manager intialization failed
> Wed Dec 31 20:01:40 1969
> rmlib.c, line 80: open failed: errno 2
i tried insmod ixasl but that also gives the same error.

I have 8 10/100 ports and 2 giga ports. i'll be using the 10/100 ports
only. How do i check whether the drivers are loaded or working for
these ports ?

How to get all these things working? Please help asap!!

Thanx,
Shweta