[ixp1200] ACE programming

Malathi Panyam malathipanyam at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 13:53:03 EST 2005

Hi,
   I am a student of SJSU, CA. I will be grateful if any body can help me out. I have started my project on IXP1200, I need to build a rule based IDS on IXP1200. I need to know
1>  is it only possible to compile/assemble and link using workbench for ACE programming, can we simulate the whole application on workbench without connecting to hardware?
2> I tried to do the hardware set up and I was able to mount the arm-be (*.uof) files, but when I tried to run the example ACE program using ./ixstart, it is giving the following error
ixasl.o: unresolved symbol get_virtual_mem_map
library aces require ixasl driver.
ixasl driver does not appear to be running.
ixconfig: Resource Manager intialization failed
Wed Dec 31 20:01:40 1969
rmlib.c, line 80: open failed: errno 2

I tried somany ways, but could not solve it.
3> So please can anyone tell me using work bench what are the things I can do, Is it possible develop complete application for the ACE model or reference model to use with out the hardware.

or any other suggestions.

Thanx in advance.
malathi