[ixp1200] Transmit problem

Malathi Panyam malathipanyam at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 01:45:28 EST 2005

"Valsu S." <valsus at crosswinds.net> wrote:Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had come across a similar problem or would have a
reason/solution for it.
Let me give some background info to start:

I have a local area network with a linux server (running tftp and dhcp) at
63.168.90.1
I have configured the ixp1200 to be 63.168.90.19

I can open up a terminal to this machine using 2 interfaces, which give me
different device access.
One is the terminal on the inside of the ixp board itself
Two is the com1 port on the memory board of the server
There is one Intel network interface card plugged into the server.

When powered on, I can ping 63.168.90.19 (the nic on the servers board) from
the LAN

Through Interface One, I can access the boot menu giving me options of:
1 - flash
2 - Angel/ucos
3 - vxWorks
4 - cygmon

in cygmon, I have set lip and rip to .19 and .1 respectively, and attempt to
run gl
With no success

in vxworks, I have changed the boot parameters to the correct ip addresses,
file name to "/tftpboot/vmLinuz" and boot options to 0xC0 (0x40 + 0x80)
It makes it all the way to loading fei0 as the network interface, lo0 as local
loopback, finds the dhcp server (for which I have setup bootp parameters to
show the proper bootfile on tftp), but then fails to load the file.

Has anyone encountered such difficulties, or has anyone successfully
implemented a standard operating system (such as linux) onto one of these?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. What are the 8 ports on top and the 2 fiber ports for? I can't seem to
find a default usefullness to them. ( i have tried communicating through the
8 ports to see if it acted as a hub/switch and have tried pulling a mac
address from it with no success. I also tried the same with the fiber
ports )