[Ml-stat-talks] Statistics Seminar, Monday, 12:30pm, Sherrerd 213

Jelena Bradic jbradic at Princeton.EDU
Sun Oct 17 17:22:36 EDT 2010

Dear all,

We will have a new talk on our series of Statistics Seminar.

When:  Monday, Oct 18th, at 12:30pm

Where: Sherrerd 213,

-------------------
  Prof. David Mason,  University of Delaware,

Title: "On Proving Consistency of Non-standard Kernel Estimators".

Abstract:

We will discuss general methods based on empirical process techniques
to prove uniform in bandwidth consistency of a class of non-standard
kernel-type function estimators. Examples include biased corrected
kernel density and Nadaraya-Watson function estimators, projection
pursuit regression and conditional distribution estimation and kernel
estimation of the density of linear regression residuals. Our results
are useful to establish uniform consistency of data-driven bandwidth
kernel-type function estimators.

Best,
Jelena Bradic