[Ml-stat-talks] NYAS machine learning symposium

David Blei blei at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Aug 24 09:59:06 EDT 2011

hi ml stat talks,

the call for abstracts for the new york machine learning symposium is
out.  they are due on september 9.  please submit!

  http://www.nyas.org/Events/Detail.aspx?cid=750f1a55-1e71-4d43-bacd-c5453f1dc3d5

just to plug, this is one of my absolute favorite events of the year.
they typically get great speakers.  (this year leon bottou and stephen
boyd are both confirmed.)  and, they have succeeded in fostering a
buzzing environment of researchers openly sharing ideas.  people
typically submit works-in-progress as well as seasoned research.  i
have always come away having seen something interesting and with new
perspective on some of our own research.