[Ml-stat-talks] Fwd: AI faculty position available

Robert Schapire schapire at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sun Jan 16 10:19:50 EST 2011

fyi

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	AI faculty position available
Date: 	Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:21:31 -0500 (EST)
From: 	Manuela Veloso <mmv at cs.cmu.edu>
To: 	posting-ai-faculty at cs.cmu.edu
CC: 	sandholm at cs.cmu.edu

Dear Colleague,

We would like to bring to your attention that our Computer Science
Department at Carnegie Mellon has an opening for a tenure-track
faculty position in AI. Please pass this information to your
graduating students! See the call below. The deadlines are soft, but
the sooner we get the applications the better.

Thank you!
Happy New Year!
      Manuela Veloso (and Tuomas Sandholm)

--
Manuela M. Veloso
Herbert A. Simon Professor

*Tenure-track Faculty Positions in the Computer Science Department at
   Carnegie Mellon*

The Computer Science Department at Carnegie Mellon University invites
applications from outstanding candidates for tenure-track faculty
positions at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning Fall 2011.

We are looking in all areas of computer science, with specific
interests in

- Artificial Intelligence (e.g., planning, search, reasoning,
    knowledge representation, multiagent systems, and game theory)
- Computational Neuroscience
- Data-intensive Computing
- Foundations of Security and Privacy, including cryptography

We seek applicants whose work is on the cutting-edge of computer
science, potentially opening up new areas for our discipline.
We also welcome applicants whose work transcends computer science by
addressing societal grand challenges such as healthcare and
sustainability (including energy, environment, and climate).

Faculty candidates must have an earned Ph.D and strong overall
academic credentials.  We are looking for candidates with outstanding
research accomplishments, a commitment to excellence in teaching at
the graduate and undergraduate levels, and exceptional promise to be
leaders in computer science.

Please include a letter indicating your research area(s), a detailed
curriculum vitae (including citizenship or current visa status for
non-US citizens), a research statement (including both current and
future directions), a teaching statement, copies of up to 3
representative papers, and the names and email addresses of three or
more individuals who have been asked to provide letters of reference.

Applications will be accepted from November 1, 2010 through
*January 1, 2011* (but may continue to be accepted for review after
that date until all positions have been filled).  Applicants should
arrange for reference letters to be sent directly to the Computer
Science Department Faculty Search Committee and are due no later
than
*January 15, 2011*.   Please see
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~scsdean/FacultyPage/HiringPage2010.html
<http://www.cs.cmu.edu/%7Escsdean/FacultyPage/HiringPage2010.html>
for further instructions.

(Letters will not be requested directly by the Search Committee.)

Applications and reference letters (PDF format) may be submitted via
email to faculty-search at cs.cmu.edu<mailto:faculty-search at cs.cmu.edu>

Carnegie Mellon University is an Affirmative Action / Equal
Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and
members of underrepresented groups.