[Ml-stat-talks] Fwd: internship at merl on probabilistic topics modeling, language modeling, speech recognition, and information retrieval

Chong Wang chongw at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Mar 25 17:25:46 EDT 2011

FYI

There is an internship opportunity at merl on probabilistic topics modeling,
language modeling, speech recognition, and information retrieval.

See if anyone is interested, you should contact John Hershey
<hershey at merl.com> for further information.

best
Chong

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Hershey <hershey at merl.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Subject: internship?
To: chongw at cs.princeton.edu

Hi Chong,

I don't know if you would be interested in doing internships at this
point in your career, but I'm looking for someone with topic-modeling
experience to do some cool stuff related to speech recognition and
information retrieval, and I'm familiar with some of your work, so I
thought you might be a good place to start. Do you know anyone in need
of an internship in this area?

Thanks,
John

Position ID: MM485
Job Description: The speech and audio group at MERL is offering an
internship in the area of document analysis, language modeling, and
information retrieval.
The ideal candidate would have a background in probabilistic topics
modeling, as well as familiarity with language modeling, speech
recognition, and information retrieval. Matlab, Python, and C/C++
programming skills would be considered an asset, as would experience
with speech recognition tools. Start date for the position is as soon
as possible and the duration of the internship is negotiable from 3-6
months.

Contact:   John R. Hershey
Email:   hershey at merl.com
Research Area:   Multimedia