[Ml-stat-talks] Wed: David Sontag on complexity in topic models

David Mimno mimno at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Mar 2 17:35:37 EST 2012

This week we have David Sontag from NYU. His talk should be
interesting to a wide range of interests, from learning theory for
unsupervised ML to medical informatics.

We have several upcoming talks. See the schedule:
http://ai.cs.princeton.edu/mltalks.html

David Sontag (NYU)
Location: CS 402, 12:30 pm, Wednesday Mar. 7.
Title: Complexity of Inference in Latent Dirichlet Allocation

Abstract:
In this talk, I will discuss recent work on understanding the
computational complexity of probabilistic inference in Latent
Dirichlet Allocation (LDA). Time permitting, I will also discuss my
recent work on using probabilistic models such as LDA for
personalizing web search and for real-time surveillance of patients'
medical records.