[Ml-stat-talks] Wilks Statistics Seminar - Gàbor Lugosi - Friday May 18th at 1:30 PM in Sherrerd 101

Sebastien Bubeck sbubeck at Princeton.EDU
Mon May 14 10:01:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am very excited to announce that Gàbor Lugosi will give a talk this Friday as part of the Wilks Statistics Seminar Series. As many of you know, Gàbor is a wonderful speaker. He will give a blackboard talk on his most recent work.

Time/location: Sherrerd 101, Friday May 18th, 1:30pm

Title:
Detection of correlations in high dimension

Abstract: We consider the problem of finding information in high-dimensional noisy data. Our goal is to understand the possibilities and limitations of such correlation detection problems. The mathematical analysis reveals some interesting phase transitions. We also discuss an interesting connection with random geometric graphs.

Best,
Sebastien Bubeck