[Ml-stat-talks] Coding Theory and Random Graphs

Philippe Rigollet rigollet at Princeton.EDU
Fri Sep 6 19:29:49 EDT 2013

Hello everyone!

I'm glad kick off this new semester with the announcement of a course that looks very interesting.

Emmanuel Abbe (EE/PACM) will be teaching the course:
APC 529 / ELE 536: Coding Theory and Random Graphs.

Emmanuel sent me the following description:

The course starts with coding and progressively moves towards random graphs,
with the natural interface at graph-based codes. After discussing the basic
random graphs model, I plan to spend some time on community network models,
such as the stochastic block model studied in the statistics and machine
learning literature.

Philippe Rigollet
www.princeton.edu/~rigollet<http://www.princeton.edu/~rigollet>