[Ml-stat-talks] Fwd: [talks] Colloquium speaker Edoardo Airoldi- Tuesday, Dec 2, 4:30pm

Kosuke Imai kimai at Princeton.Edu
Mon Dec 1 14:38:55 EST 2014

Hi all,

  Edo is also speaking about a related topic in the politics department at
the Political Methodology Seminar this Friday:

This Friday, on December 5th, Professor Edoardo Airoldi (Harvard
University, Department of Statistics) will be presenting his paper titled
"Design and Analysis of Experiments in the Presence of Network
Interference" in the Political Methodology Seminar.  The paper's abstract
is:

"A number of scientific problems involve populations with interacting
and/or interfering units. In these problems, measurements about
interactions and interference (e.g., social structure and familial
relations) are available, in addition to traditional measurements about
unit-level outcomes and covariates. Formal statistical models for the
analysis of this type of data have emerged as a major topic of interest in
diverse areas of science. In this talk, I will review a few ideas and open
research problems that are central to this burgeoning literature, placing
emphasis on inference and other core statistical issues. Then I will turn
to describe: (1) a new notion of non-ignorability that applies to network
sampling designs, (2) an inference strategy that can be used to obtain
valid estimates in these settings, and (3) a strategy to extend the Rubin
framework for estimating causal effects in the presence of social
interference."

The paper will be available later this week, and the seminar's calendar can
be found at:
http://q-aps.princeton.edu/book/political-methodology-research-seminar. We
will be meeting at noon on Friday in Corwin 127.

Kosuke Imai               Office: Corwin Hall 036
Professor                 Phone: 609-258-6601
Department of Politics    Fax: 609-258-1110
Princeton University      Email: kimai at Princeton.Edu
Princeton, NJ 08544-1012  http://imai.princeton.edu