[Ml-stat-talks] Princeton Probability Seminar Series

Ramon van Handel rvan at Princeton.EDU
Tue Sep 9 14:52:42 EDT 2014

Dear all,

Starting this semester, we will be organizing a regular seminar series on
probability theory and related fields.  We initially aim to have a seminar once
every two weeks, and we have a fantastic lineup of speakers already scheduled
for this semester.  The Probability Seminar will be held on Wednesdays from 2-3
PM.

We hope many of you will be interested in attending these seminars, and that
this activity will help bring together faculty and students across campus
interested in probability.  This email serves as the initial announcement of
the seminar series, with important information below.

1. MAILING LIST

Anyone interested in the Probability Seminar is requested to subscribe to this
list to receive announcements.  To subscribe (or unsubscribe), please go to the
following page and enter the requested information (name and email address):

    http://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=probsem&A=1

2. TIME/DAY/LOCATION

The seminar will be held on alternating Wednesdays from 2-3 PM in Fine Hall
Room 322 (unless otherwise indicated).

3. SCHEDULE

The current schedule can be viewed at any time on the following pages:

    http://orfe.princeton.edu/events/probability-seminar
    http://www.math.princeton.edu/events/seminars/probability-seminar

The first page includes a link to subscribe to the calendar if you are
using calendar software.

We include the current schedule for this semester at the end of this email as a
preview of coming attractions.

We look forward to seeing many of you participate in these seminars!

Best regards,

Misha Shkolnikov (Math)
Ramon van Handel (ORFE)

SCHEDULE FALL 2014 (as of Sept. 9):

Title: Increasing subsequences on the plane and the Slow Bond Conjecture
Allan Sly (UC Berkeley)
Wed Oct 1 2014 2:00 PM
Fine 322

Ofer Zeitouni (Weizmann/Courant)