[parsec-users] Number of spawned threads.

Sat Apr 5 19:16:21 EDT 2008

Hello Krishna,

You can specify the number of threads for all PARSEC programs at the command
line (or some other way at program start). The parsecmgmt tool allows you do
that in a convenient way. Several programs have to be run with more threads
than cores, the commercial workloads for example use a number of threads
equal to the number of cores for each pipeline stage and depend on the
scheduler to make the right decision. As a rule of thumb, tell parsecmgmt
that you want to run with N cores and everything will be the way it should
be.

- Chris