[parsec-users] Number of spawned threads.

Krishna Rangan kkrangan at eecs.harvard.edu
Sun Apr 6 09:44:09 EDT 2008

Hi Chris,

Thanks, this works, except for the vips benchmark.  I dont really need to
get all benchmarks going for my work, so this is not a problem.  Just
letting you know.  But if this is supposed to work and I am launching the
run incorrectly, please let me know.

For the vips benchmark, the '-n nthreads' argument does not add or change
any application qualifiers for any of the input sets.  That is, for any
other value of '-n' below, the benchmark is launched with identical args.

-- begin

$ ./parsecmgmt -a run -c myconfig -p vips -i simlarge -n 8
[PARSEC] Warning: At least bash version 3 is recommended. Earlier versions
might not function properly. Current version is 2.05b.0(1)-release.
[PARSEC] Benchmarks to run:  vips

[PARSEC] [========== Running benchmark vips ==========]
[PARSEC] Deleting old run directory.
[PARSEC] Setting up run directory.
[PARSEC] Unpacking benchmark input 'simlarge'.
bigben_2662x5500.v
[PARSEC] Running 'time
../pkgs/apps/vips/inst/i586-linux-linux.myconfig/bin/vips im_benchmark bigben_2662x5500.v output.v':
[PARSEC] [---------- Beginning of output ----------]
PARSEC Benchmark Suite Version 1.0

real    0m13.568s
user    0m21.250s