[parsec-users] which program supports solaris/sparc ?

Huan Fang huanf at kth.se
Thu Apr 10 08:07:04 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to compile some programs for solaris/sparc, but it fails all
the time. what I got is:

[PARSEC] Warning: At least bash version 3 is recommended. Earlier
versions might not function properly. Current version is 2.05.0(1)-release.
./parsecmgmt: /usr/bin/gcc: No such file or directory
./parsecmgmt: /usr/bin/g++: No such file or directory
[PARSEC] Packages to build:  bodytrack

[PARSEC] [========== Building package bodytrack ==========]
[PARSEC] [---------- Analyzing package bodytrack ----------]
[PARSEC] bodytrack depends on: hooks
[PARSEC] [---------- Analyzing package hooks ----------]
[PARSEC] hooks does not depend on any other packages.
[PARSEC] [---------- Building package hooks ----------]
[PARSEC] Removing old build directory.
[PARSEC] Copying source code of package hooks.
[PARSEC] Error: Cannot find Makefile in
/parsec-1.0/bin/../pkgs/libs/hooks/obj/sparc-solaris.gcc

I believe there are gcc/g++ in my system, but apparently it's not in
/usr/bin.
So how can I fix things up and which programs are verified to be
successfully compiled on solaris?  Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Huan Fang