[parsec-users] which program supports solaris/sparc ?

Javier Lira jlira at ac.upc.edu
Thu Apr 10 09:48:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

You should modify the file config/gcc.bldconf to allow parsecmgmt to
find your compiler.

I have already compiled 7 of the Parsec workloads: blackscholes,
bodytrack, fluidanimate, streamcluster, swaptions, vips and x264 (this
one modifying something solaris specific).

The main problems I found were that the pthread library delivered with
Solaris 9 is not the one needed by Parsec. It will require Solaris 10
instead. And, as README file says, the gcc compiler should be at least
the 4.2.X version.

I hope my experience compiling that could help you. If someone else have
compiled some of the rest of the Parsec workloads for Solaris/Sparc
environment, please kindly tell your story to know how you do it.

Many thanks and best regards,

Javier