[parsec-users] Runtime problem with canneal and intel compiler

Schilli, Michael michael.schilli at intel.com
Mon Apr 21 04:36:09 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have strange runtime behaviour of canneal in combination with the Intel
compiler. When compiling canneal with gcc and running the native testset, it
takes about 8 min on my machine to complete (single threaded). When using
the Intel compiler and native testset it takes more than 2 hours! Both tests
have been compiled with the included configuration files and for 64-Bit.
Running both with simlarge and smaller testsets results in comparable
runtimes, so this problem only arises with the native testset. I have
already lowered optimization level in but nothing changed.

Perhaps someone has any idea on this.

Thanks

Michael