[parsec-users] hooks and magic instruction

Huan Fang huanf at kth.se
Wed Apr 23 12:01:06 EDT 2008

Hi Chris,

In the last mail you mentioned
/"The hooks are special function calls that are made by all PARSEC programs at
the defined locations. You can find the hook library and some basic
documentation in the package "hooks" in the "libs" group. After you modified
the package simply add your code and rebuild PARSEC. Your build configuration
must explicitly enable the hooks, we provide one configuration which does
that by default."
/I am wondering what's the difference between hooks and Simics magic_instruction.
Are they the same thing like a breakpoint?  BTW, I didn't find docs in the "hooks" in the "libs" group. But I found in some source code
#if defined(ENABLE_PARSEC_HOOKS)
	__parsec_bench_begin(__parsec_bodytrack);
#endif
Is this what I should enable? and what else I should add to the code?
Thank you!

Regards,
Huan