[parsec-users] facesim simmedium unaligned trap

Joel Hestness hestness at cs.utexas.edu
Sat Aug 2 17:13:27 EDT 2008

Hi,
  I am trying to run the PARSEC suite in a simulation of an alpha-linux
multiprocessor machine.  I crosscompiled and statically linked using
gcc-4.0.2 and glibc-2.3.6 (I can forward a copy of the binary if someone
could help me).
  I have booted the simulator and verified that the test input set (-h)
works.  However, when I try to run the simdev/small/medium/large input set,
I get the following output:

    PARSEC Benchmark Suite Version 1.0
    Creating directory using system("mkdir -p
Storytelling/output")...Successful!
    Simulation                                        Reading simulation
model : ./Face_Data/Eftychis_840k/Front_370k/face_simulation_64.tet
    Total particles = 80598
    Total tetrahedra = 372126
    muscles = 32
    attachments = 3
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
      what():  St9bad_alloc
    Aborted

  I would really like to use facesim to collect the data we are interested
in, but I don't currently have time to try to debug what is going wrong.  I
guess I am just reporting the issue, and maybe someone has encountered it
and can help me.
  Thank you,

  Joel Hestness
  Computer Architecture
  Dept. of Computer Science, University of Texas - Austin