[parsec-users] Size of the output.dat.ddp file in dedup

Mª Angeles Gonzalez Navarro magonzalez at uma.es
Wed Dec 3 18:19:54 EST 2008

Hi,

I have been testing the parallel implementation of the dedup kernel. I
have noticed that the size of the output file generated by the code
(output.dat.ddp), changes from run to run when the no. of threads is
greater or equal to 2.  I mean, if I fix  the no. of  threads and try
several runs, the size of the output file is always different. In fact,
the size tends to increase when I increase the no. of threads. Is that
behavior  acceptable? By the way, when I execute the serial  version or
the parallel version with n=1, I always get the same size.

Thank you very much in advance,

M.A.

M. Angeles Gonzalez Navarro
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Office 29250c
1101 Kitchawan Road,
Yorktown Heights, NY, 10598
Phone: +1 914 945 1681
http://www.ac.uma.es/~angeles/