[parsec-users] Error compiling VIPS portion of PARSEC using icc 10.1.017

Wed Dec 3 22:16:33 EST 2008

Hi Jeff,

I remember that bug, I thought I had fixed it. I'm not quite sure what the
reason was. Did you define all the macros to include the GNU and other
extensions?

A quick fix would be to define PATH_MAX to a reasonably big value (e.g.
1024) if it's not already defined. Just add the following to the beginning
of the file:

#ifndef PATH_MAX
#define PATH_MAX 1024
#endif

From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Jeff
Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 5:44 PM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] Error compiling VIPS portion of PARSEC using icc
10.1.017

Greetings,

    I am encountering an error compiling PARSEC on x86_64 using Intel
icc 10.1.017.  `bin/parsecmgmt -a build -c icc`

    Is there a more current patch or release than PARSEC 1.0 that would
address this? This error occurs during the vips portion of the compile.

-------
/root/parsec-1.0/./pkgs/apps/vips/src/libsrc/iofuncs/package.c(536):
error: identifier "PATH_MAX" is undefined
          char dir_name[PATH_MAX];
                        ^

compilation aborted for
/root/parsec-1.0/./pkgs/apps/vips/src/libsrc/iofuncs/package.c (code 2)
-------

The same source compiles fine using gnu: `bin/parsecmgmt -a build`

--Jeff