[parsec-users] PARSEC on solaris/sparc

Sat Feb 23 22:47:17 EST 2008

Hi Jayaram,

> Could someone give more details regarding this (from the download
> web-page):
>
> Limited support exists for the following platforms, but not all
> benchmark programs are available:
>     * Solaris/Sparc

Some of the programs which load binary data from a file do not support big
endian architectures. Most programs do not do that and should run on
Solaris/Sparc. In a few other cases I've had the time to add support for big
endian architectures (it's not difficult, a matter of a few days). These
programs were tested and run on Solaris/Sparc.

If you need one of the benchmarks which doesn't run on Solaris/Sparc, look
e.g. at bodytrack. I've added the routines for automatic endianness detection
and byte swapping, you can simply copy and use them with whatever program you
need. Please send me a diff if you port a new program to Solaris/Sparc.