[parsec-users] vips and fluidanimate on Solaris/SPARC

Major mbb45 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 2 01:53:57 EDT 2008

Hi,

I forgot to export the variable after setting it, doing that gave me the
proper ouput via the pkg-config command.

However, after doing that, and getting the output you've described
below, I still get the same error with the parsec output:

g_option_group_add_entries
../../libsrc/.libs/libvips.a(im_init_world.o)
g_option_context_add_group          vips.o
g_option_context_add_main_entries   vips.o
g_strv_length
../../libsrc/.libs/libvips.a(dispatch_types.o)
g_option_context_parse              vips.o
g_option_context_new                vips.o
g_option_context_free               vips.o
g_option_group_new
../../libsrc/.libs/libvips.a(im_init_world.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to vips
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[4]: *** [vips] Error 1

I;m not sure if it is finding the wrong glib version or if the one with
parsec is missing those functions for some reason?

When I tried compiling vips standalone, it has issues during the make
process:
-bash-3.00$ make
make  all-recursive
Making all in libsrc
Making all in acquire
Making all in man3
Making all in .
0x2ec
/home/user/parsec-1.0/bin/../pkgs/libs/imagick/inst/sparc-solaris.gcc/lib/libMagick.a(magick_libMagick_la-option.o)
a bunch of the above errors, while it doesnt explain what the errors
are, I'm assuming its more incorrect linking of libs with the vpr paths.

My guess is these errors are just due to incorrect linking, since it
doesnt show up on other platforms.

-Major