[parsec-users] updated version of parsec on sparc patch

Chris Fensch cf309 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 22 12:57:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

  I fixed a minor thing with my previous patch (dedup's patch was missing
the updates to rubin.h) I also added support to facesim. You can get the
patch here:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~cf309/parsec_sparc-0.83.patch.bz2

Facesim is working on my sparc box, but I am not quite happy. The
final problem seems to be a compiler issue, since it runs fine when
compiler with -O[012] just -O3 gives me segfaults. I fixed it by calling a
dummy function during the file I/O loop. Unfortunately data is also being
read in the region of interest. Thus, my patch will affect the runtime of
the interesting part.

Please let me know, if there are any problems.