[parsec-users] updated version of parsec on sparc patch

Tue Jul 22 13:37:50 EDT 2008

Chris F,

Thanks a lot for your great work! I remember I had trouble with gcc on Sparc
in the past. It took me a long time to figure out but eventually I could
convince myself that gcc produced incorrect code if optimizations were
turned on. Anyway, I'm glad that facesim is finally working on Sparc.

- Chris B

-----Original Message-----
From: parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu
[mailto:parsec-users-bounces at lists.cs.princeton.edu] On Behalf Of Chris
Fensch
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:58 PM
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Subject: [parsec-users] updated version of parsec on sparc patch

Hi,

  I fixed a minor thing with my previous patch (dedup's patch was missing
the updates to rubin.h) I also added support to facesim. You can get the
patch here:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~cf309/parsec_sparc-0.83.patch.bz2

Facesim is working on my sparc box, but I am not quite happy. The
final problem seems to be a compiler issue, since it runs fine when
compiler with -O[012] just -O3 gives me segfaults. I fixed it by calling a
dummy function during the file I/O loop. Unfortunately data is also being
read in the region of interest. Thus, my patch will affect the runtime of
the interesting part.

Please let me know, if there are any problems.