[parsec-users] parallel execution of facesim

jiaqi zhang zation99 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 04:05:13 EDT 2008

Thanks Chirist.

But how did you count the lock numbers of Facesim on your technical
report? If USE_REDUCTION_ROUTINES is undefined, there seems nowhere to
utilize locks. And a test with PIN can neither find any "Lock"s.

Thank you for your help.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Christian Bienia
<cbienia at cs.princeton.edu> wrote:
> Hello JiaQi,
>
> PHYSBAM_THREADS is the environment variable that controls how many threads
> get used. Alternatively, you can also use the corresponding command line
> flag. If you look in the initialization code of the benchmark you will see
> that it also sets the environment variables.
>
> I'm not sure what USE_REDUCTION_ROUTINES was used for. The PhysBAM library
> that ships with PARSEC is just a small fraction of the full version (only
> what is needed by facesim). The corresponding code has probably been
> removed, and since it crashes if you enable it I recommend you leave it as
> it is. :-)
>
> - Chris

Best regards
JiaQi Zhang