[parsec-users] Questions of running "streamcluster"

GUANGYU SUN gzs122 at psu.edu
Tue Jul 29 22:18:43 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I would like to run streamcluster with 8 threads on Solaris with the following
command
"./streamcluster 10 20 128 1000000 200000 5000 none output.txt 8".
I think the last number "8" specify the eight threads. However, according to
the tutorial, the actual number of thread could be larger. Then, how could I
make it fixed?

I think this benchmark use pthread programming. If I have running this program
with 8 threads on a eight core processor, how could I make sure there is one
thread running on each core? Or it is controlled by OS?

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,
Guangyu